Home & School Association
Family Picnic, Grandparent Day, Santa's Secret Shop, and Fine Art's Presentations are a few of the activities sponsored by the Home and school to bring enrichment and a sense of community to the school.
The main objective of the Association is to maintain a closer relationship between home and school. All parents of the children attending school are members of the Association. General meetings are held four times a year and are important avenues of communication. All parents are encouraged to attend these meetings and to become involved in the activities of the Association.
Many activities and fine arts presentations are sponsored by the Home and School to bring enrichment and a sense of community to the school.
|Home and School Association Officers|
President: Elyse Wackerman
|Home and School Sponsored Events||
1. Class Cocktail Parties: These parties have become a tradition over the past few years. They are meant to be a causal evening to connect with other parents in your child’s class. The host family is not to provide all the food and beverage!!! Host families should coordinate food and drink with the class. Please contact Stacia Halfpenny if you would like to host a party for your class this year, she will be keeping the schedule. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Innisbrook Gift Wrap Fundraiser: This fundraiser gives 50% back to our school ! Please contact Leigh Lignowski, who is running the program this year if you would like to help out. email@example.com
3. Family Fun coupon books: Coupon books are sent home with your child on the first day of school, if you want to keep it, you can send in a check for the book and keep it. If you do not want it, you return it to school. If you can sell more to friends and neighbors that is a great contribution to our school! Nicole Natale is running this program and if you would like to help out, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Pizza Bingo: This event will be held on Friday October 19. This is a nice family event and kick off fundraiser for the school year. Typically this event raises around $2000 for our school. We are always looking for donated candy and Halloween items as well as water and soda and also lots of helpers for that evening. We will need lots of helpers for set up and for putting together gift baskets and also the night of the event to sell tickets, give out pizza and drinks,etc. Linda Schanne is running this event this year and if you have any questions or can help, please contact her at email@example.com.
5. Saints Stomp: SCJN 5K and Family Fun Run will be help on Saturday Oct.20th. This is a brand new event for SCJN and we will need lots of helpers on hand that day. Please contact John Figge or John Knott if you would like to get involved and help out that day. firstname.lastname@example.org or JKnott@bpgltd.com
6. Holiday Bazaar: This event will be held Sunday Nov. 25th. There will be many vendors selling a variety of items. Last year it raised over $1000 for our school. We will be looking for baked goods to be sold and other items. Please contact Lisa Falcone if you can help or want to get involved! email@example.com
7. Secret Santa: This event will be held in on December 6th and 7th and will be run again this year Debbie Morris. This is a fun day of shopping for the kids to buy Christmas gifts for their friends and family. Please sign up if you can help out to set up or gift wrap during school hours and help the little ones shop! The children really love this day of shopping and it is fun to be there and see them in action! Please contact Debbie Morris if you can help! firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Santa Visit during Christmas Lunch: The young children enjoy this special visit with Santa. Homeroom parents coordinate decorating the tables for the children and providing a treat for dessert. This year, Christmas Lunch will be held on Monday December 17.
9. Pancake Breakfast: This event will be held on Sunday Janurary 27th. We need many volunteers to help with decorating, cooking, and serving! Erin Dunkel will be running this event, we are in the process of setting the date. email@example.com
10. Donuts for Dads will be held Friday Feb 22. Lisa Figge will be running this event this year. Please contact Lisa if you can help. Lisa@figge.net This is a great morning for the kids to have a treat with their dads at school. Please sign up if you would like to help set up and decorate the day before or help the morning of the event.
11. Grandparents Day: This event will be held on Weds morning, March 27th. Liz Beck and Analia Tarantino will be running this event. Please contact them if you can help! SCJN H&S provides coffee and treats for the grandparents before the children’s Spring program. Please sign up if you can help with decorating and help that morning. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
12. Field Day will be held on Monday June 10th this year. This event has been run smoothly for many years by Dana Spino. This will be Dana’s final year of running Field Day. We hope someone will step up to work side by side with Dana this year and take it over next year. We also need many hands on deck to help run this day! Please contact Dana if you think you would like to run it next year or if you can help out that day! firstname.lastname@example.org
13. 4/400: This is a MAJOR fundraiser for our school. This event raises over $25,000 for our school. Tickets go on sale in late winter and drawing is the morning of Grandparent’s Day. You can help by purchasing tickets and selling to family and friends! Susan Momenee-Cush is running this event again this year. Please contact Susan if you can offer your time and talents! Susan.Momenee-Cush@lfd.com
14. Special Monday Lunch and Pizza Lunch on Thursdays are a treat for the kids and these programs combined raise over $10,000 to help our school. Last year, these events helped pay for new computers! If you can help with food prep and serving from 11:30-1 on Monday please sign up and contact Jen Ciarmolli or Amie McMullen if you have any questions. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can help with serving pizza on Thursdays from 11:45 – 1 please sign up and contact Robin Klinges with any questions. email@example.com
15. Lunch Monitors and Office Duty: This year this program is being run by Meg Knott. We are still looking for volunteers for this program. We need mom’s or dad’s from each class to monitor lunch duty and also one parent per day to cover Mrs. Edwards’s office, to answer phones while she is at lunch. Please contact Meg Knott with any questions or if you would like to get involved. Lunch Monitors arrive at about 11:55 and stay through lunch and recess, until 12:50. firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Homeroom Parent: Most classes have 2 homeroom parents who work with the teacher and help plan and run class parties and events. This year Cinide Dowd and Stacia Halfpenny are coordinating a Homeroom Parent Mentoring Session in late September. If you would like to help your child’s class by being a homeroom parent, please let Mrs. Edwards know soonest!!
17. Fundraising: We are always looking for new fundraisers. If you have any ideas, we would love to hear them! Our fundraising committee is being chaired by Nicole Natale this year … please contact Nicole if you have any ideas and would like to get involved. email@example.com
19. Script Program: Our SCRIP program has a new energy and is being run by Deanna Golden, Jen Dee-Yuzuk and
20. Spiritwear: SCJN sweatshirts, sweat pants, tee shirts and other items will be for sale on B&E’s website from Sep 19-Oct1. Megan Knott is coordinating this effort. There will be some samples available at Back to School Night. The sweatshirts and sweatpants from B&E are acceptable for gym uniform. firstname.lastname@example.org